Food Service Standards
The Board of Health is charged with the responsibility of protecting the public from food-borne illness through a sound public health food protection program.
This is accomplished through licensure, inspection, and enforcement of compliance with regulations governing retail food and food service establishments.
In accordance with state regulations, the Northbridge Board of Health conducts semi-annual inspections of all food establishments. The Board also responds to consumer inquiries and complaints regarding food sanitation practices, illnesses, and other public health issues.
Certificate of Merit Program—NEW GUIDELINES!
The Board of Health adopted a Certificate of Merit Program to recognize food establishments that exhibit excellent food safety practices. The criteria for receiving a Certificate of Merit are as follows:
For FOOD SERVICE establishments:
1. Must have a satisfactory inspection report with NO critical violations and less than 5 minor violations;
2. Must have one-year of operation under same ownership;
3. Must be open at least 6-months out of the year;
4. Must have the facilities for the actual preparation of food and;
5. Must not be under a Quarterly Inspection Order by the Board of Health.
|Name of Food Establishment||Date Issued|
|CRYSTAL GAS||January 14, 2017|
|DIVINE THAI RESTAURANT||February 3, 2017|
|NEW ENGLAND PIZZA||February 10, 2017|
|October 22, 2016|
Residential kitchens are strictly limited to the preparation of non-potentially hazardous foods (non-PHFs), such as baked goods, confectioneries, jams and jellies.
The preparation and sale of potentially hazardous food (PHF) such as cream-filled pastries, cheesecake, custard, and other foods which can support the growth of disease-causing bacteria are strictly prohibited.
All Residential Kitchens must be licensed, inspected, and approved by the Board of Health.
Some Helpful Links
Monday 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- **NEW** Permitting Guidebook for Opening a Food Establishment
- Applications & Forms
- Emergency Preparedness & Planning
- Fee Schedule
- Flu Information
- Food Service Standards
- Housing & Lead Paint
- MONTHLY HEALTH TIPS
- Mosquito Control & WNV
- Recreational Camps for Children
- Sharps Kiosk FLyer
- Title 5 - Septic Systems
- Trash Disposal