Town of Northbridge - Reduced Water Ban
The Whitinsville Water Company has informed us that since the drought situation has stabilized enough, they are ready to reduce the water ban to an odd/even system until further notice. This means, effective immediately, that residents with an even-numbered house number may water on even-numbered calendar days. Likewise, those with odd-numbered house numbers may water on odd-numbered calendar days.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Examples of “non-essential” outdoor water use include:
- Irrigation of lawns via sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems
- Washing of vehicles, except in a commercial car wash or as necessary for operator safety
- Washing of exterior building surfaces, parking lots, driveways or sidewalks, except as necessary to apply surface treatment such as paint, preservatives, stucco, pavement or cement
Examples of water uses that are allowed:
- All use of water for health & safety reasons
- Irrigation of lawns, gardens, flowers, and ornamental plants by means of a handheld hose
- Irrigation to establish a new lawn which was seeded no longer than 45 days before this declaration
- For the production of food and fiber
- For maintenance of livestock
- To meet the core functions of a business such farming, commercial car wash, plant nurseries, golf courses, or similar
Violations of these water restrictions will subject to the Water Company Regulations, which may include termination of water service.